Tomey Pachymeter (Japan)
- Assessment of corneal thickness.
- Used for diagnosis of glaucoma by providing corrected IOP levels.
- Pre-operative evaluation to LASIK (for the treatment of Myopia - Short sight) and other intra-corneal refractive procedures.
- Proper assessment of corneal thickness possible and not arbitrary as in visual assessment.
- IOP can be adjusted to the corneal thickness for proper management of glaucoma, since high IOP (Eye Pressure) can also be due to increased thickness of the cornea.
- Cornea anaesthetized with topical anesthetic.
- Probe placed over the cornea and an average of five readings taken.
- For IOP correction the average value is corrected with a normogram.