Topcon Slit Lamp Bio-microscope (Japan)
- Detailed evaluation of all structures of the eye.
- Eyelid, conjunctiva, cornea, lens, retina, etc can be visualized and examined in detail.
- More detailed examination is possible with the use of additional special lenses.
- A torch light examination gives only a diffuse light and only structures up to the level of the lens can be visualized. A detailed exam is not possible with torchlight.
- With a slit lamp, many ways of illumination is possible.
- Depth and extent of the disease can be assessed with certainty.
- Along with the use of accessory lenses, the structures in the anterior chamber angle and retina can be visualized, graded and used in diagnosis and treatment procedures.
- Attachments like Tonometers can be easily done and will enable Intra Ocular Pressure (Eye Pressure) recordings to diagnose and treat Glaucoma.
- Lasers can be attached and Laser surgery can be done as OP procedure.