This is a story circulating on the internet. Could it be true?
(Those who wear contact lenses, remove them when you have to attend a BBQ party or whatsoever that got to do with flames... I heard a horrible true story about contact lenses.... It happened to a 21 year old guy, he wore a pair of contact lenses during a barbecue party. While, he was barbecuing, he stared at the fire charcoals. After a few seconds, he started to scream for help and moved rapidly, jumping up and down. No one in the party knew why... When he arrived at the Hospital, the doctor said he'll be blind permanently courtesy of the contact lenses that he had worn. Contact lenses are made by plastics, and the heat from the charcoal melted his contact lenses.)
So, this story about a contact lens melting in BBQ heat is just that:A Story !
This story is FALSE and a HOAX.